Join and support The Community Trust
Currently there are more than 900 members of Warley Woods Community Trust.
As a member you will receive the Trust’s quarterly newsletter, The Leaflet, which keeps you up to date on all of the news and events going on at Warley Woods. This contains articles and more detailed information than you get from emails and social media. You also get a lovely warm glow from supporting a charity that is unique in the UK as we are the only charity, run by local residents managing a large urban green space.
As a member of Warley Woods you can be as active and as involved as you like. Many of our members are actively involved in the Trust as Board members, Subgroup members or as volunteers, but you do not have to do this.
How much does it cost to become a member?
- £6 for an individual
- £4 for concessions and
- £12 for a family living at the same address
How do you become a member?
1) come into the Shop at the Pavilion (open 7 days a week) and see staff there (card/cash/cheque)
2) telephone the shop 0121 429 2440 and renew over the telephone using a payment card
3) join online if you have a Paypal account
4) make an online payment, or set up a standing order directly into the Trust’s bank account (please call us for these details 0121 420 1061)
5) download a membership form and send it to us in the post click here
Not ready to be a member yet?
If you would just like to make a donation to the Trust please follow this link through to Everyclick where you can do that.
Or sign up to our email newsletter or our volunteer email group
Charitable Objectives of Warley Woods Community Trust
Membership of Warley Woods Community Trust is open to anyone who subscribes to the charitable objectives (see below):
- To promote the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical, natural and historic environment of the area known as Warley Woods.
- To provide recreational facilities for the public at large or those who by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disability, poverty or social and economic circumstances, have need of such facilities in the interests of social welfare.
- To advance public education, in particular but not exclusively, by the provision of facilities to study the historical, archaeological, environmental and horticultural importance of the area known as Warley Woods.
Voting entitlements at the Trust Annual General Meeting (AGM) are one vote per adult. Only adults can vote or take positions on the Board.
The Trust’s charity number is 1092754.
Charity number: 1092754